Time Spent With Books And Cats Is Never Wasted Mug


Time Spent With Books And Cats Is Never Wasted Mug

Buy this product here: Time Spent With Books And Cats Is Never Wasted Mug

Home page:  Beutee Store

Time Spent With Books And Cats Is Never Wasted Mug

Died: March 27, 2020

Charles Johnson was a Louisiana native. His wife, Kay, was originally from Minnesota.

But there were no bigger supporters of Warren Central athletics than Charles and Kay Johnson. The Johnsons traveled to home and road games for boys and girls basketball, football and many volleyball games. When Warren Central athletic director Marques Clayton started the “Goldys” sports award program in 2018, the Johnsons were the first recipients of the Black and Gold award for most dedicated fans.

Charles was not just a fan, he was involved as a volunteer for the WC Dads and several other committees at the school for almost 20 years.

“We loved it,” Kay Johnson said. “Going to Warren Central games was entertainment at its best. For Charles, the chance to be a role model for those kids was so important to him. He would be out somewhere and a young person would come up to him and say, ‘Mr. Johnson, you helped me out.’ That’s all it took was hearing that to know what he was doing was worthwhile.”

Johnson, 79, died March 27, 2020. Kay, his wife of 42 years, said her husband was diagnosed last year with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). On March 12, 2020, Charles scheduled a visit to his primary care doctor.

“We thought he had a flareup from his COPD,” Kay said. “We thought we caught it.”

On March 16, Johnson’s breathing had worsened to the point he needed to be taken to the emergency room. He was tested for the coronavirus and was released to go home again on March 20, Kay said. Three days later, on March 23, Charles was again taken to the hospital by ambulance.

“I never got to see him again,” Kay said.

The day before her husband died, Kay said, the results of the coronavirus test showed Charles had tested positive. Kay said she had also showed symptoms the first week her husband was hospitalized but did not take a test. She has been in isolation for almost two weeks, she said.

“It hurts,” Kay said. “I don’t even know how to describe it or what words to use. It’s hard on the kids because they can’t visit. It’s so hard on them because of all the rules right now. We are going to have a private burial and then do something more when there are less restrictions.”



Visit our Social Network: Beutee Pinterest,Instagram, Twitter and Our Blog beuteenet blogspot